So Mom's birthday is coming up, and although she ages gracefully, she does not seem to be very happy about entering her 50s this time around. Of course, you think she's as beautiful and young as ever, and you want her to feel really good about herself as she ages – here are three fabulous gift options to consider that will help to rejuvenate her looks and self esteem:
A Homemade Spa Gift Set
Put together a basket of tools and supplies that your mom can use to re-energize her mind and body at home to help her feel a little younger and lighter on her feet this coming year. Avoid prepackaged baskets so that you can personalize the gift to meet your mother's specific needs. Here are some fun options to consider:
- Customized bath additives made of essential oils, herbs, and spices.
- A silk sunbathing blanket for the backyard with mom's name embroidered in it.
- CDs or DVDs filled with sounds of nature to help reduce stress.
- A large wooden skin brush personally decorated with stencils and paint.
And of course, you'll want to include skin tightening lotion and anti-wrinkle cream in the gift basket. A few healthy snacks to indulge in, such as dried fruit and nuts, is another touch she is sure to appreciate as she relaxes at home.
An Adventure "Staycation"
Give your mom some adventure and an opportunity to refresh her outlook on life by setting up a fun "staycation" right in her own home town that will keep her busy, enrich her life, and make her feel pampered at the same time. Rejuvenate your mom's senses with a locally planned vacation filled with adventures such as:
- A bike rental and a pre-mapped riding challenge.
- A treasure hunt in the park put together by friends and family.
- Reservations for a deep tissue massage at the local spa.
- Gift certificates to skin care stores, healthy restaurants, and boutiques in town.
- A class at the local yoga center or Pilates location.
Consider presenting the adventure "staycation" gift to your mom over lunch on her birthday, so you can spend some time getting feedback about days that she'd like to participate and specific activities she is interested in experiencing.
A Gift Card for Cosmetic Filters
If your mom is open to getting botox or other noninvasive cosmetic procedures done, consider getting her a gift certificate for cosmetic botox fillers in her area. Cosmetic fillers are considered a safe alternative to surgery, and the procedure can be just as effective. These fillers help to create a fuller face and noticeably less wrinkles. There are several different options available:
- Hyaluronic Acid Wrinkle Fillers- As the name suggests, hydraulic acid is the main ingredient – lasts several months to a year between treatments.
- Synthetic Wrinkle Fillers- Includes lab-made ingredients such as silicone – lasts years between treatments and can even be permanent.
- Collagen Wrinkle Fillers- Both natural and synthetic collagen is used – lasts only a few months between treatments.
- Autologous Wrinkle Fillers- Fat is the typical ingredient for this type of treatment – results are semi-permanent with the typical need for "upkeep" treatments.
Botox and cosmetic fillers compliment each other and can take years off the appearance of anyone. You may be able to score a discount for purchasing a gift certificate to have both services done at the same time.
Include some flowers, a poem, or a nice card to create a unique and heartfelt aspect for the gift. It's a good idea to make sure that the dates available for the gift you choose are open, so your mother can choose the best times for her to take advantage of it. This will help to ensure that she truly enjoys the gift and takes advantage of every aspect it has to offer.